Monday, March 24, 2008

Okay...I have a daughter that LOVES being the center of attention and when she saw Hannah had a story about her, she was a little upset. Immediately she said "What about me, I want a story too." Let me just say, Sophia is full of stories. I could write non stop-all day-every day about her. She is a self made comedian. She has us laughing everytime she opens her mouth. I have given up trying to keep up with all her sayings because she comes up with a new one every day. My favorite was when she said...I want to thank you from the heart of my bottom for helping me with my report. Let's just way I was a little confused.

I am sometimes shocked when my cell phone rings because I never know what the ring tone will be. I was standing in the checkout line in the red bulls eye retail store one day & as loud as my phone could ring, Sophia's voice came through saying " Chakka lakka ding dong, yeah, yeah, Chakka lakka ding dong" over & over again. Of course I could not get to my phone and the person checking me out got quite a laugh. I was not very amused at the time but later when I truly listened to it, I got tickled too. You really have to be on guard with Sophia because she loves to embarrass you & your own expense. Needless to say, I had to get her to change the ringtone back because I couldn't figure it out. She knows more about cell phones and how they work better than Ken & I put together. She is a tech wizard. I now try to not leave her alone with my phone.

You never know what Sophia is up to most of the time. As she is standing beside me now I asked her what should I write about her & this is her quote. "I am so proud of my awesome child, Sophia." See what I mean you just never know what is going to come out of her mouth. She believes the world revolves around her. I beg to differ! One day she stuck her pointer finger up in the air and said this is me. She then took the other hand and circled it around her finger and said this is the universe revolving around me. I said "NOT!" We sometimes have to bring her down to earth. Anyway underneath that "all about me" facade is a very loving, caring, smart, &
God loving child that we all love! I am sure you will hear & see more of Sophia in the near future.

As you can see below I am not the best photographer so I am thankful my kids are photogenic. Anyway...enjoy the pics of Sophia (8 going on 18)!!!














4 comments:

The growing Adkinson family said...

Sherry the girls are so cute I can not get over how sophia is she sounds like a character. I remember them both as little girls and now how grown up they are. Time is quickly passing. I am sure my time with my girls will be just as interesting since bailee is 4 going on 14.

Misty Burns said...

oh she is so beautiful!! i can not believe that her and abigail are only a year apart! i remember being at the airport the day she came home. she is quite a character. The time sure does fly!!

Bronie said...

hahahaha this one'll keep you on your toes for sure! i just love that last picture of her. it makes me laugh!

kirsten said...

did you download these pictures from someone else's website? come on...she can't be that old already! that makes us REALLY old. not that she needs to be reminded but...she's beautiful.

what is ken going to do when he has no hair to pull out when the girls are dating!?!