Sunday, March 23, 2008

"Christ the Lord is risen today!" Halleluhia

Yes, he is risen. Praise God!!! Each Easter as I read Mark 16, it always sends chills through my body. To know our Savior is alive today is a feeling like no other. Jesus is so precious to me & my family Without him, we are NOTHING, with him we are EVERYTHING.

For the last week, we have been seeing what God can do in situations we have no control over. Last Saturday my mother fell down some stairs & broke her hip. Immediately we thought the worst. As I was driving to the hospital to be with her & her sisters, I prayed all the way that God would let my mother feel his presence. I wasn't sure if she was severly bruised or broken, but I did know either way my mother would not take the news lightly. She is not one of the most optimistic people I know. As soon as the doctor came in & told us she had broken her right hip & would need surgery, I lifted my face to the heavens & prayed "God, now is a good time". No sooner that I got the words out, my mother said "Do what you need to do, it will have to be in God's hands now." Wow! "Thank you," was all I could say. I will say it has not been an easy week but the healing is going well. We have left the hospital & moved on to rehab. I know she will be up & around soon through all the prayers & support we have been receiving from family & friends.

Then...
On Wednesday, we received a call that Ken's mother was not doing well and was going to live with his oldest brother. She has been suffering from a rare blood disorder for the last 2 years and has been getting shots twice a week to help. Apparently there is no cure. She is down to 82 pounds & has not been eating well. Our prayer is now that she is staying with someone & not by herself, she will get the care & attention she deserves and will be able to go back to her home soon. Ken's sister-in-law is a nurse practitioner so she will be a tremendous help to her. I am so glad God intervened in this situation by showing her that she can accept help when she needs it. She doesn't have to go through this alone.

As we go through this week, remember to...
"Pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people. Ephesians 6:18

No comments: